Monday, November 11, 2013

Cabled Beanie Pattern




The last few days I have been working on a new hat design. I recently started knitting a pillow cover with cables on it. I'm not amazing at knitting and although I love how cables look, I thought that they would be incredibly difficult and advanced for a beginning knitter. I was so surprised to learn just how easy and fun they are! This inspired me to make this crocheted cabled hat.

This pattern is by far one of my favorites!

The hat is designed for an adult and you must know how to front and back post double crochet comfortably. It uses a J/10 6mm sized hook and I recommend using Caron Simply Soft or Lion Brand Heartland yarn. Both of these yarns are super soft and make great hats! :)


Hooray! The cabled beanie pattern made it into the top 20 on Ravelry after being released on November 12th, 2013  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment