Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Basic Beanie Pattern


While working on the shell-stitch baby girl pattern I realized that I needed a little boy beanie to sell at the market. Of course you can definitely make it for a little girl too :) Here is a preview of the pattern for the 3-6 months size. Also, I would suggest using Caron Simply Soft yarn for the best results! (Substitute any Medium (4 ply) weight yarn.)

In the full pattern you will find preemie, newborn, 3-6 month, 6-12 month, toddler, child, and adult sizes.


3-6 Months
Approximately 15” Circumference, 6” Length

Using an I/9 (5.50mm) hook
Magic loop 12 dc OR ch 3 and 12 dc in second ch from hook

Row 1: ch 2, 2dc in each dc around, join with slip stitch in first dc
Row 2: ch 2, *1 dc in first dc, 2 dc in second, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch in first dc
Row 3: ch 2, *1 dc in first dc, 1 dc in second dc, 2 dc in third dc, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch in first dc
Rows 4-10: ch 2, *1 dc in dc, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch in first dc (48 stitches around, 7 rows)
Row 11-14: ch 1, *fpostdc in first 2 dcs, back post dc in next 2 dcs, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch in first fpostdc (4 rows)

Tie off and weave in all ends.



8 comments:

  1. I found this from Ravelry.com It says there that I can make this for newborn up to adult. I am very new to reading patterns and want to know how to make this in slightly larger sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am in the process of writing up the pattern for the other sizes so currently it is only available in the one size. Keep checking back for the rest of the pattern though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are missing something in the first directions. It should say "Join with slip stitch to top chain of first double crochet". You might want to make the correction on the the ravelry pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I always start with the magic loop so it didn't occur to me that I had forgotten that step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Great pattern! Thank you so much for sharing! I was reading through the other posts and noticed you stated in May that you were still working on the pattern for this hat in an adult size. Is it finished yet? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Anyways, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Love the hat but see its for 3-6 months
    How would I make this for newborn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous, by using a smaller hook / lighter weigh yarn you can easily make this pattern to fit a newborn, I did it with a H/8 and # 3 light and Bernat Softee Baby yarn turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What steps are different to make this for a newborn?

    ReplyDelete